TIME MAGAZINE HIGHLIGHTS LOW TESTOSTERONE
Are You Among the Millions Afflicted by this Widespread Malady?
Take a Simple Quiz to Find Out!
In case you didn’t catch it, Time Magazine ran a very illuminating article in its August 18th issue on the widespread occurrence of low testosterone in Americas: “Feeling Deflated? The Low-T Industry Wants to Pump You Up.”
Author David Von Drehle makes a strong case that this problem is more common than most realize. And that it’s being exacerbated by off-label drug use–i.e. Treatment of medical conditions by drugs intended for other uses.
Before it can be properly addressed by professional treatment, low-T must first be identified.
As a first step to see if you are afflicted, take this simple quiz:
1. Are you experiencing a decrease in sex drive? yes [ ] no [ ] 2. Do you have a lack of energy? yes [ ] no [ ] 3. Do you have a decrease in strength and endurance? yes [ ] no [ ] 4. Have you lost height? yes [ ] no [ ] 5. Are you enjoying life less? yes [ ] no [ ] 6. Are you increasingly sad and/or grumpy? yes [ ] no [ ] 7. Are your erections weaker? yes [ ] no [ ] 8. Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports? yes [ ] no [ ] 9. Are you falling asleep after dinner? yes [ ] no [ ] 10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance? yes [ ] no [ ]
KEY: If you answered “yes” to questions #1 and #7, or to at least three of the other questions, you may be afflicted with low testosterone.
Although testosterone is primarily a male hormone, women as well as men can suffer from low-T. Testosterone levels begin to decline at age 30, but the decrease can occur earlier and initially at a greater rate in men. By age 50, both male and female levels can be decreased by as much as 50% compared with age-20 levels.
This decline is critical because the role of testosterone goes beyond its function as a sex hormone. Its other benefits include:
* Protection of the cardiovascular system
* Defense against obesity and diabetes
* Improvement of mood and memory
* Reduction of anxiety
* Increased energy levels
* Promotion of brain and nerve health
* Sustainment of bones, muscles and skin texture.
Many of the symptoms and diseases associated with aging can be addressed and ameliorated by testosterone supplementation. Blood tests can assess if you have low-T, and if hormone replacement is recommended. If so, testosterone can be administered in a variety of forms: injection, cream, pellets. And, as testosterone is not the only hormone that diminishes with age, other hormones in both men and women can also be supplemented in our AgeFocus hormone replacement program.
Learn more about our comprehensive, cutting-edge low-T treatment program. We offer full professional care that includes a thorough initial consultation, ongoing monitoring of your condition, repeat blood work and dosage adjustments as warranted, and minimizing of any side effects.
Call our Long Island office at 631-243-3628 for further information, and set up your initial appointment.